Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mercenary - Thunder March (1989)

OMFG. This is possibly the worst demo I've heard yet. The vocalist reminds me of that old joke: "How do you tell when your lead singer is at the door? He can't find the key and doesn't know when to come in." Ha ha. It's funny because it's true, at least in this case. This guy has no timing; he comes in late and sings too long, then has to scramble to start the next line on time. But don't think that the vocals are the only bad part of this demo. The lyrics are juvenile as hell, the music is plodding and boring, the production is a horrible mess, the guitar solos are a joke, and the band are sloppy as all get-out. My high school metal band was better than this, and we sucked! Heck, I think I'd rather hear Deep Sunshine's cover of "The Final Countdown". They are slightly better than these guys, though.

Sadly, I don't have the cover art for this demo. I'm sure it's as craptacular as the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment